Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Am I Being Sent a Message?

My fat ankle looks deformed and one side has gone from looking like a baseball to resembling a golf ball.  The swelling greets me every morning and even though it is not as large as it once was, it does not seem to go down. I spend a few hours with my leg elevated and iced trying to make the left ankle look like my right ankle. All of this comes from a fall on the stairs where I broke two bones in my ankle.

Speaking with a friend one day, I mentioned my swollen ankle.  He said, "The best thing for it is putting a cream on it called Arnica. You should see how swelling goes down with that cream."  I told him I had never heard of it and he said that when he was a small boy his elderly aunt would put it on for her arthritis and swelling of her feet. I did not pay too much attention to his advice because the word Arnica was not in my vocabulary. He also told me he had slipped on the ice and hit his head, back and legs. He said, "I flew up in the air and landed flat on my back."  He told me he had problems getting up but managed to get into the house where he rubbed every sore spot with Arnica. "Would you believe, when I woke up in the morning I was not sore and am pretty much back to normal.  I really do think the Arnica helped me because it was a bad fall."


Four days later, another friend came to visit and I showed her my fat ankle. She said, "I am going to bring you a gel that you can rub on your ankle and it helps the swelling." I couldn't help thinking how everybody had their very own healing potions.  But, when she said, "It is called Arnica and you can take it orally also." I said, "Did you say Arnica?" She nodded and said she has always used it.

I thought it was odd that in less than one week two separate people had mentioned Arnica to me. I happened to be reading a story that takes place in France called Peaches for Monsieur le Cure by Joanne Harris and when one of the characters in the book gets assaulted by thugs, his friend patches him up with bandages and puts Arnica cream on his wounds to keep the swelling down and to help the healing.  Very strange that this was the third time I heard the word Arnica within a week.

Homeopathic remedy for muscle, pain bruising and swelling is how the internet refers to Arnica. I learned that the plant is from the sunflower family,  is used by professional athletes, and has been around since the 1500's. Evidently it comes as a gel, cream or pills and I am beginning to believe that one of those three Arnica medications should work.

In less than a week I heard about Arnica from three different sources. Is someone trying to tell me something? Could this be a sign from God? Is God wanting me to use Arnica on my swollen ankle? Just in case,  I am going to buy some of this Arnica gel to see if it really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment