
A broken ankle has kept me from doing my usual decorating for Christmas. What do you do when you cannot put up a Christmas tree, drag lights and ornaments from storage, decorate the inside and put colored lights on the bushes outside or bring out Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, wise men, shepherds, and different farm animals for my Nativity Scene? The only thing I did manage to do, with help from a friend, was to hang a wreath on my front porch. My house remains dark except for the lone wreath but I can see the beautiful lights, flashing on and off, in my neighbor's yard.
Receiving Christmas cards has been extra special this year because as I look at the cards I think about the sender and give thanks for the many friends that took the time to write a message.
I also solved the problem of having something to give me Christmas cheer by buying a box of ten Christmas jig-saw puzzles. As I sit putting the pictures together, I think about Christmas. I completed nine pictures and enjoy looking at them when they are done. For me, this year, the puzzles are bringing me Christmas cheer! The last puzzle I will do after Christmas in the year 2014.
"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
Charles Dickens
No comments:
Post a Comment