Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Conchas

Conchas, in Spanish, are sea shells or a Mexican sweet bread. A friend came over today with lunch for me. Little did I know what a tasty and delicious lunch she brought me until I ate a bowl of her hot green chili, some corn chips, banana bread and two conchas. Not only was the food delicious, but her visit cheered me up. My ankle was broken in two places in September and ninety-nine days later, my ankle was hurting more than usual.  I was feeling a bit blue because it seems as if every step moving forward I then have to take two steps backward as I recuperate!


My friend's visitor, who is visiting from Puebla, Mexico, is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of Mexico, and is vacationing in Colorado. She told me that he speaks Spanish, English and French. When my friend left to come visit me, the chef got into her kitchen and baked banana bread and the conchas. I wish he had been here when my granddaughter was visiting me for Thanksgiving. She is also interested in the culinary arts and they could have shared ideas about their common interest.

The conchas had a taste of homemade bread with a touch of sweetness. By looking at the two plates below, it did not take long for me to polish off the delicious sweet bread!


Before
After










"Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceeds
from the mouth of God."
Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment