A Christmas luncheon was planned for December 15, 2015, complete with a ham and potato dish, lots of desserts, Carolers from a local high school, Santa Claus and an ugly sweater contest. Before the luncheon, I would hear people talking about how they were decorating their sweaters. Some had sweaters they could wear, others went to thrift stores, some borrowed sweaters and I worked on my sweater. It was not easy but when I looked at the finished sweater I was pleased. I knew no one would have a sweater like mine!
A snow storm came in on Monday night and by morning the reports were horrendous. Up to eight inches of snow and it was still snowing; the lunch was cancelled. I sadly looked at my sweater knowing no one would ever see my creative efforts.
A couple of my friends posted their sweaters on Facebook and I could tell that Santa Claus, who would be the judge, would have a difficult time choosing a winner. Wish I could have seen all of the sweaters that would have shown up at the luncheon!
With my sweater, I wanted to include some of the Young at Heart members and to let them know that Christmas to me was celebrating with them.
And now, out of the closet comes my photo ugly sweater!
Adding to my horde
this sweater will be stored
one more year
for Christmas cheer.
Let us hope
we can cope
with weather next year
so friends can be near
to celebrate and have fun
under a winter sun!
E. Moscoso
December 19, 2015
Love the Sweater! Too bad I couldn't see it in person
ReplyDeleteThe sweater was more fragile than I thought....while putting it on some of the pictures tilted while others fell off. I liked the idea of using photos to decorate the sweater and who knows, maybe next year (God willing) I will come up with another crazy idea!!!!
ReplyDelete