We both ordered the cheese enchiladas with red chili and they tasted great; a New Mexico flavor! We enjoyed our late lunch and the festive Christmas decorations. My craving for the blue corn enchiladas has diminished but now I know where to go for some good enchiladas.
Monday, December 21, 2015
Blue Corn Cheese Enchiladas
One of my favorite foods when I travel to New Mexico are the Blue Corn Enchiladas. By error, I have been calling them Blue Cheese Enchiladas because I was so sure that is what they are called in New Mexico. Looking for a place that serves the Blue Cheese Enchilada, a friend and I went to Jack & Grill in Westminster. They advertise as a New Mexican type restaurant. When I asked the server if they carried the "blue cheese" enchiladas, she wrinkled her forehead and opened her eyes wide. "Blue cheese?" she asked.

My friend said, "You mean blue corn cheese enchiladas, don't you?" I nodded. The waitress said they did not and she had never heard of them. I told her that it is a specialty in New Mexico and that I always order them when I am in that state. It might be that when I say blue cheese the servers automatically know I mean blue corn enchiladas.
We both ordered the cheese enchiladas with red chili and they tasted great; a New Mexico flavor! We enjoyed our late lunch and the festive Christmas decorations. My craving for the blue corn enchiladas has diminished but now I know where to go for some good enchiladas.
We both ordered the cheese enchiladas with red chili and they tasted great; a New Mexico flavor! We enjoyed our late lunch and the festive Christmas decorations. My craving for the blue corn enchiladas has diminished but now I know where to go for some good enchiladas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had my little leftovers for breakfast and it was just the right amount!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete