Monday, August 22, 2016

Friends and Food

There are times when I see friends and they give me some goody they have prepared. I appreciate their thoughtfulness and enjoy eating food prepared by loving hands. An Italian lady prepares different dishes and never sends me home empty handed. Her last offering was sopapilla type Italian bread.  "Dip them in honey," she said, "and you will see how good they taste." I could not wait to get home for the honey and opened the baggie as I drove home. The small pillows were delicious.

Another friend who I met at a movie theater, said: "After the movie, remind me to give you something I fixed. I hope you will like the zucchini bars and a cherry dessert."

Sure enough, after the movie she handed me a small gift bag. She explained that she meets other
"cooks" at the Standley Library and suggestions are given to them as to what to cook.



The zucchini bars had a delicious coating of bread crumbs. Anyway, I think the zucchini was wrapped in bread crumbs but since I am not a connoisseur of food I am not sure. My mother used to make mashed potato patties dipped in egg and to this day I can not get the egg to stay on the potatoes. The egg usually ends up stuck in the pan!

The dessert had dark cherries and was like a fruity tart. The delicious food hit the spot. I have figured that important ingredients in my life are food and friends!


1 comment: