I had no intention of going to the Arvada Center to see the musical Elf but when I received a call from a friend with two extra tickets and she asked if I wanted to go on Friday, November 26, 2021, I said yes! She asked me if I knew of anyone who might like to go and I called a friend who I have known for a long time but had not seen him for over two years. We sometimes talked on the phone so I decided to call him and ask him if he wanted to go. He said yes and on Friday we met at the Arvada Center to see Elf, The Musical.
Before we could enter the theater, I had to show proof of having all my shots, identification and everyone had to wear a mask while in the theater. It was a comforting feeling knowing that everyone was protected from Covid.
The music was great, the dancing exciting, and the acting good. I thought it interesting that there were some innuendos about gay couples. One scene showed two men embracing and this is something I had never seen in an Arvada play! What amazes me is how talented the young actors are; acting, dancing, singing, tap dancing and skating! The sets were amazing as they moved from one scene to another and the lighting made the stage extra cheerful! The tall young man that plays Elf can do amazing things with his body as he spun around, flopped to the floor, moved his legs every which way and twisted his body in a fluid way. It seemed as if he did not have a bone in his body!What a wonderful way to begin the Christmas season with this musical that ended in a happy and upbeat manner. The audience stood up and clapped as some of the actors gave their bows. When Elf appeared for his ending bow, everyone stood up to give him a standing ovation!
"The best way to spread
Christmas cheer
is singing loud for
all to hear!"
Buddy, The Elf
No comments:
Post a Comment