The day was cold and deary, cloudy with light moisture in the air. The trees had lost most of their leaves and the landscape was fading. All Souls' Day sort if fit the scenery as I thought about all my family and friends who no longer lived on earth. I carried my candle to place in front of the Ambo along with many other candles brought by others for their loved ones. The candle was for my son who passed away five years ago. Above the entrance I also had a candle lit for five days during the week of when his death took place. When I wrote his name in the large book for deceased persons, I added; my mother, father, brother, friends. I did not use their names because I figure God knows who they are!
The two priests from the parish concelebrated the mass along with a deacon. The music was appropriate for All Souls and the homily touched my heart. The reading of all the names of people who had died this year was long and from the list of many names I knew eight persons who had gone on ahead!
The lit candles flittered and were reflected on the shiny floor. So many deaths and each one left a sadness for the living. A heart hurts knowing that never will we see or hear the person who is gone. But. it is comforting to know that someday we will be reunited with our loved ones.
When you lose someone you love,
you gain an angel you know.
Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment