Even though I had decided not to buy unnecessary items for the house, I broke my decision today when I saw Day of the Dead and Halloween items on sale for 70% off! Toward the end of October all the items were 50% off and even though I liked some of the items I was not ready to buy more "junk," even at half price.
Today, when I saw the two dancers, I knew I had to have them and paid $9.00 for them! Quite a bargain from the original $30 they were marked. They fill me with joy when I look at them, I love the colors and I think about what their lives could have been before they became skeletons!
They are 14 and 1/2 inches tall and appear to be a couple of graceful skeletons!
When I think of a Day of the Dead altar, my dancers will look perfect on the altar for my dancing friend who passed away in 1998."If you cannot get rid
of the family skeleton,
you may as well make
it dance."
George Bernard Shaw
No comments:
Post a Comment