Who would have thought that I would be buying bread named after a bible verse? And, paying $4.99 for about twenty slices. The makers of Ezekiel 4:9 do not use flour but instead follow the bible verse of: "Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself." I had to look up millet and spelt and found out they are grains with health benefits. Millet is small seed grasses producing edible seeds and spelt is a grain from the wheat family with a nutty flavor and rich in protein.
The saying of "monkey see, monkey do," is quite true because while visiting my California family I noticed they eat Ezekiel 4:9 bread. At first I did not like the bland, or maybe it was the different, taste. But then, while my granddaughter stayed with me for two weeks, I grew accustomed to eating the bread and now I like it. Smearing peanut butter on a slice of toast tastes great to me and I have come to crave a grilled cheese sandwich made with the Ezekiel 4:9 bread.
"Here is bread,
which strengthens man's
heart, and therefore is
called the staff of life."
Matthew Henry
No comments:
Post a Comment