Friday, June 13, 2014

A Poster of Elvis

When my chances of going to his concert fell through, I was given a poster. Elvis Presley, in the 50's was my favorite singer and in the early 70's when he came to Denver I was invited to attend the concert with the wife of a policeman. He had obtained a couple of free tickets and she had invited me. The night before the concert, she informed me that her sister wanted to go and she felt obligated to take her sister instead of me. I was terribly disappointed.

To make up for not taking me, she brought me a poster of Elvis. The poster traveled with me and hung at work, at home, or where ever I could see it. A few years ago, I took the poster down and forgot where I put it. In an earlier blog, I wrote about Elvis but could not find my poster. I wondered if maybe I had tossed it. Today, as I was looking for something else, I came across my poster.


To think, those that attended the concert have only a faint memory of Elvis, while I have a large poster, with a few creases, of my favorite singer!

"Hold me close,
Hold me tight,
make me thrill
with delight,
Let me know where I stand
from the start.
I want you
I need you,
I love you,
With all my heart...."
My favorite of Elvis' Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment