
One of my projects this summer is getting rid of clothing, shoes, items I no longer use. Some of the items I have never worn still have tags on them. I realize they are just taking up space in my closets and makes me ask, why do I hang on to things? At an earlier date, I wrote a blog about whether I am a collector or a hoarder and I still don't know. I have a broken ankle (recuperating) and a toe that may be broken (recuperating) and I know there are certain things I will never wear again. Shoes are the first thing to go into the bag. I do have a pair of beautiful, black dressy shoes that I just can't bear to get rid of, though I have had them for over fifteen years and never worn them. In my mind I picture myself dressed up and wearing those black shoes though in my heart I know I probably never will wear heels again!

My suits, winter and summer, are also going for someone else to wear because some no longer fit me (must have shrunk while hanging in the closet!) and because I can't think of a reason to ever dress up

again. My life has become a casual one and most of what I wear is not dressy!
The accumulation of camera batteries and of tangled wires found in a drawer can also be used by someone else who can figure out the original purpose for those wires. I am sure they were not meant to be in a drawer for years! Along with the large sack of wires, I am taking some of the toys that my grandchildren enjoyed. Now that they are grown, the toys are just taking up space so off they go to maybe bring pleasure to some other child!

Let's hope that the old saying of "one man's junk is another man's treasure," is true.
No comments:
Post a Comment