
I keep asking myself if my toe could be broken. It constantly aches and the only way I feel comfortable is to get off of it! As I sit reading, working crossword puzzles, watching television or lying down I do not feel pain. The minute I put my foot down it begins to hurt. I find it odd that the toe is giving me more pain than my ankle ever did and my ankle was broken in two different places! I have gotten into my stash of pain pills to help relieve the pain. I've had other stubbed toes but never one like this one. Makes me afraid to do anything for fear of breaking something else!
Luckily, I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and maybe he can tell me if it is broken and maybe splint it so it doesn't ache as much. At present I have the "hurt" toe wrapped between two other toes and am hoping that my amateurish doctoring helps it until a professional can determine what to do!
A dark crash,
a sudden smash,
a toe is bent,
pain is sent
to the brain
with one refrain:
A whisper low,
How could I have stubbed my toe?
E. Moscoso
June 7, 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment