Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is when people lose their energy and become blue when there is no sunlight. Today I seem to suffer from SAD because it has been cloudy, rainy and cold and it is only early September. Weather persons are predicting snow for tonight. I have moped around today, watched three movies while plopped in front of the television, tried reading, and fallen asleep on the couch. I feel listless and sad. Maybe it is some sort of depression.


I had to force myself to get ready and go out to run some errands. Everything was gray; streets, sky, buildings, cars and people. Making my gray way to the post office, something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. A white rose bush reminded me of snow that is being predicted. And next to it a gorgeous array of color. What a difference in my mood. A patch of pink gave me a feeling of happiness. My spirit lifted instantly. The color in someone's yard cheered me up and I smiled. Maybe I do not need the sun to make me feel better, just a splash of color!
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness,
not because they never found it, but because
they didn't stop to enjoy it."
Epicurus
No comments:
Post a Comment