The ankle is still blotchy with bruises. It still swells up if I am on it for long periods of time. It hurts when I try to walk my normal walk. Yet, the long road behind me seems almost a miracle. The time spent in the hospital, the operation, being one legged for so long, being in rehab and learning how to handle a wheel chair, hints given so I could half-way manage, living in assisted living, having help taking a shower,
depending on others, coming home and learning how to walk, brings me to what I can do today. I walk without a walker or cane, I can drive, I do not need a scooter when I go shopping, and I can go up and down (slowly) stairs. My life is pretty much normal, except for the odd walk I have developed. Maybe it is a reason to celebrate today!
No comments:
Post a Comment