Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Friendly Strangers

I know I finished with my Cabo San Lucas information but I keep thinking about a couple I met. We would meet to eat together or to sit in the shade and chat. They had taken a water-taxi to see the arches and had driven to La Paz. They were from Mexico City and were celebrating her birthday. Her birthday was on September 16. She told me she wanted to visit her two sisters who lived in Cabo. "Have you been able to talk to them? Do they know you are here?" I asked.

"We talked on the phone when we arrived but now there is no way of communicating with them. With all the phone lines down and no way to get out of the resort or for them to come into the resort, we are in limbo." He said that somehow they would find a way to go look for her family.  They needed to find out if the family was okay.

That was the last time I spoke to them. I never saw them again. My suspicions are that they may have gone to town by wading through water and maybe found a cab. I hope she found her sisters but I do not think they returned to the hotel. If they were not at the hotel, I do not know how they could be evacuated unless they somehow found their way to the airport.

Strange how strangers become friends. I pray that they made it to safety and are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment