Thursday, September 25, 2014

Art In A Field

As I drive up and down Wadsworth and I pass the Arvada Center, I  see some sort of art in the large field. One day I decided to check the pieces in the field. I drove into the parking lot and parked my car. I began walking around the well trodden path leading from one art work to another. Sculpture in the Field is the title of the display.

I don't have much to say about the pieces of steel, wire, and stone because it is not the type of art I like but I did find it interesting how the pieces are considered art! My favorite was a layered bronze-looking piece that looked like some sort of alien animal. It is titled Cocoon.

  Another interesting piece has its own smooth stainless steel beauty.
 












The rest of the art work is very much "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" type.

 Big Love by Vanessa Clarke

Tactile Visual Continuum by Bil Vielehr









Whimsical Dances and Chopsticks by Kevin Robb










Rubic #4 by Emmett Culligan










 Serrated Crest by Patrick Marold
Fractal Echo by Nancy Lovendahl






Braced Ring with Outlier and Kindred Spirtys by Carl Reed





This was by Joe Kiche -- the lumpy art reminded me of molecules or something scientific or medical.









Spiral Dance - dead aspens trees painted blue but I did not get the artist's name.










Second Wind by John Ferguson









As I walked through the field I also saw natural art. I am glad I stopped to have a look at all the art!






"Creativity Takes Courage."
Henri Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment