
For dinner on Tuesday, we could have
a sandwich or potato chips. I asked for both and was told, "Lo siento,
pero es el sanwich o papitas." (Sorry, it's a sandwich or chips.) I
took the sandwich. When I reached my room my three neighbors had their
door open. I told them my disappointment of not getting chips and they
said, "We have a lot of snacks. What do you want?" I asked, "Do you
have Classics?"
They did, and that evening I had an orange pop from my refrigerator, the sandwich and chips for dinner.
Without power our refrigerators were not working, our toilets were not flushing, no television, and no lights!
My neighbors decided to party by the pool. Before they could get in the pool they helped take all the debris out of the pool, helped put chlorine in the water and when they were given the okay, they jumped in. About fifteen young men and women played in the pool and drank their drinks. How nice to be young, I thought.

Later that afternoon, my key would not work and one of the young men kept me company while someone came to open my door. I mentioned I did not drink alcohol and he said, " Well, would you mind if we take some of your drinks? We are finished with ours. But, I'll tell you what, we can trade. We have snacks so we will trade you the snacks for the booze." I told him it would be a perfect trade! They took eight cans of beer and the rum, vodka, whiskey and tequila I had in my refrigerator. They gave me Oreo cookies, Doritos, crackers, the rest of the Classic potato chips and peanuts. Yes, it was a perfect trade!

Four friends and I joined the young people and as we sat around the pool, one of the young men said, "We left you a surprise hanging on your door." I asked, "What is it?" They laughed and said, "If we tell you it won't be a surprise!" I left the party early because I did not want to be caught trying to find my way back in the dark. When I got to my room I found a large Snicker's Bar hanging on my door handle.
No comments:
Post a Comment