Monday, September 1, 2014

Connection to the Earth

September 7, 2014, will be one year that I broke my ankle when I slipped and fell going down to my basement. It has been a long and hard road trying to walk with my normal step again.  Even today I have a slight limp and I decided to find me a shoe that might help me walk more normally.  At Flatirons Mall I tried on Merrell, Ecco, Clark, Earth, Josef Seibel, Born, McPhesto, New Balance, and Vionic. The Vionic's ad mentioned that the shoe was good for your back and ankles plus improving how one walked. The shoe is a Dr. Andrew Weil Vionic orthaheel technology rhythm walking shoe. What the heck, the name intrigued me. When I tried them on I found they were comfortable and I liked how my feet felt when I walked in them.

"For the greatest comfort it may take some time to adjust to Weil Integrative Footwear's built -in bio-mechanical orthotic. We suggest wearing these for a few hour at a time for the first few days to allow your body to adapt to the technology." This was on a card in the shoe box and it sounded perfect for my slow recovering ankle!

The first time I wore them it was for about three hours and when I took them off I felt as if I had been exercising.  My rear end and calf muscles were a bit sore. Today I wore them another three hours. A friend I met for lunch said I was not limping as much, so maybe the shoes are helping.

"Our feet are our body's connection to the earth.  Walk. Move. Live." is printed on the box. Time will tell if these shoes will do the trick and have me walking without a limp! If nothing else, it has been a good subject for my blog!

"I still have my feet on the ground,
I just wear better shoes."
Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment