Some of the names listed were: Silvio Leonard, sprinter; Silvio Moner, race car driver; Silvio Orlando, actor; Silvio Piola, soccer player; Silvio Berlusconi, politician; Silvio Giobellina, Olympic medal winner; Silvio Benedetto, artist; Silvio Branco, boxer; Silvio Grondizi, lawyer; Silvio Gazzaniga, sculptor; Silvio Rodriguez, Cuban singer; and Silvio Rodriguez, my father.
Imagine my surprise when yesterday, at a party, one of the caterers said his name was Silvio. Immediately made me think of my father and since this young man was from Naples, Italy, I wondered how my father came to have an Italian name. On doing further research I found that the name can be Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or Croatian. Anyone who might have had an answer as to how my Dad got the name is long gone. I find it interesting that my grandparents named my Dad Silvio and I wonder why. Of course, I will never know and it will remain a mystery for ever!
| Me and Silvio |
No comments:
Post a Comment