Tuesday, August 25, 2015

It's So Unfair

I have a friend who drives a bus when I take groups on three day trips to New Mexico. He has driven us for about five years. I had not taken the trip for around ten years and on August 17-19, 2015, I took a group on a Pilgrimage to Chimayo. Lucky for me, it was my friend from the past who showed up to drive us this year. I found some of our past pictures and it prompted me to write this verse about my friend and me.

My Once A Year Friend
I only see him once a year,
my friend which I hold dear.
Seeing him brings me cheer
'Cause I know I have nothing to fear.

I met him a few years back.
He never gives me any flack.
Each time he does come back
My joy is compounded in a stack.

A kind soul who likes to drive
and for perfection he does strive.
All in the bus are like a hive
Buzzing as we talk and come alive.

He drives a great big bus
and no matter what, he does not cuss,
he patiently maneuvers in and out
as he takes us all about.

Pictures taken once a year
as every time he does appear,
he seems to persevere
and why I get older is so unclear!


He never changes, yet stays the same,
maybe nature is to blame.
It's not fair and what a shame
that I do change while he stays the same!

E. Moscoso
August 25, 2015

2005
2006


2007
2015


No comments:

Post a Comment