Sunday, August 9, 2015

Is It Hereditary?

A habit my Mother had was when she took off her shoes she used her toes from one foot to push the heel of the other shoe off.  Her shoes ended up in an X, a cross, or one on top of the other. I used to tease her and ask her why she didn't place the shoes side by side.


Life goes on and for one of my birthdays, my daughter gave me a picture of a drawing she had made. I had to laugh when I saw it. "Mom, when you take off your shoes, one is always on top of another," she said. I notice that every once in awhile I also see my shoes one on top of the other and never side by side. It's just like my Mother used to do. Could it be hereditary? Today when I saw my shoes I remembered the drawing my daughter had made for me.
This drawing has got to be close to forty years old. The paper is no longer white but has a yellow tint to it. It is special to me because my daughter drew it. It also reminds me of my mother. I have had the drawing hanging at my place of employment, stuck in a book, on a bulletin board, and today I found it in a file cabinet. Sweet memories played in my mind!





At the end of a long day
tug your shoes off
 and let them land where they may!
E. Moscoso

No comments:

Post a Comment