Saturday, August 8, 2015

Fundraisers Galore

It seems that every summer many parishes do major fundraising by holding fiestas or bazaars. I have been fortunate to attend four of them this year; Mother Cabrini Shrine, Visitation, Shrine of St Anne's, and Holy Trinity. I usually do not attend Holy Trinity's bazaar but a friend of mine had a great-granddaughter running for Queen of the Bazaar and invited me. Her great-granddaughter won and was
given a large crown and a red satin robe lined in white.She also received a large statue of Our Blessed Mother.

My friend also told me that two mutual friends, who are priests, would be playing in the band. How could I not go to see the "men in black" perform. I was told that were three priests on the stage but I do not know who the third priest could have been because the musicians were all dressed in black!  I do know that Fr. John Paul plays guitar and Fr. Rick plays keyboard. These men of God are not only saver of souls but great musicians who had young and old dancing the night away!

Once again I ate my favorite bazaar food of a sausage sandwich dipped in sauce and topped with green peppers and for dessert a sopapilla smothered in sugar and cinnamon. I hate to think of the cholesterol being formed in my veins!

Wandering through the different booths I happened to see some friends that belong to the Young At Heart group of Spirit of Christ Catholic Community.


As I write this blog I am thinking of another invite to go this evening to the Holy Family's Bazaar called Summer in the City.  I am beginning to wonder if visiting different churches during their fundraising is habit forming!



No comments:

Post a Comment