

This morning I attended St. Peter's Catholic Church in Greeley, Colorado. I entered the large church and not one memory of when I was a child could I bring up. I remember attending mass and sitting on small four person pews to the side of the main pews. This morning I noticed the pews were placed on a slant and there were no smaller pews on the side. I looked at the altar, trying to bring back some memory of when I had attended in my child hood. Nothing came to mind.

There was a kneeling angel that sort of triggered a memory but I wasn't sure of what. Maybe they were angels I had seen in some other church. Even the stained glass windows did not conjure up a memory. Maybe I was too young to remember anything of the church when I would attend with my mother.
In speaking with a friend, he told me that the whole church had been gutted and renovated on the inside. He said, "Nothing is wrong with your memory, it's just that it's different now." That made me feel better and I could appreciate the beautiful church with it's towering white ceiling without a feeling of having lost something; like my mind!
 |
| St. Peter |
No comments:
Post a Comment