On my way to Phoenix, Arizona, as I went through security, no one said a word when I told them I was over seventy years old. That was disappointing because usually one of the TSA agents will makes me feel better when I am told I do not look my age. All I could think of was that maybe I am now looking my age.
The return trip from Phoenix to Denver an agent said,
"You need to take off your shoes."
I said, "I thought anyone over seventy did not need to remove their shoes."
"Yes, that is true so you will need to take off your shoes."
Thinking he was teasing me, I said, "I am over seventy."
"What? You are over seventy years old?"
"Yes, I was born in 1938."
"You do not look it. I'd guess you were sixty-four."
"Thank you, you have made my day.
"Hey," he yelled at his fellow TSA workers, "This lady is of age and that is why she has her shoes on!"
Everyone looked at me and some smiled.
I went through security feeling youthful, young, and happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment