Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Dog vs. Cat

At the post office today, a lady had a small Chihuahua on a leash. The dog had skinny back legs and when it walked it was if the legs could not hold up the small body. His legs seemed to wobble and it kept going around sniffing the floor. My thought was, how could anyone like such a wimpy, little dog? As I stood watching the tiny dog with the bulging eyeballs I made a decision.

I am not a cat lover and would probably never get one but as I looked at the dog a thought came to me. If I had to pick between a cat or a small dog, I leaned toward getting a cat. A cat, at least, would have some meat on its bones and its legs would be hefty enough to hold it up. I expected the dog to tip over at anytime. The dog did not look as if it could cuddle and if petted, it would be like petting something stiff or hard. A cat would at least have fur and could possibly be easier to pet. That is, if it wanted to be petted!

Looking on the Internet I saw pictures of Chihuahuas and some were cute and had meat on their bones. Some had long fur but the one I saw today seemed fragile. I read that they are good watch dogs, possessive, one owner dog, not afraid of larger dogs, not good with small children and live to be seventeen years. Even with what sounds like positive things about the dog, somehow I do not like such homely, tiny animals!

"When I see a woman who is all
gaunt and emaciated, 
I don't think she is beautiful. 
She reminds me of a Chihuahua 
that's freezing and shaking."
Rosario Dawson

1 comment:

  1. What, What???Did I see you that you said choosing between a cat and a Chihuahua you'd chose a cat?????????? I am shocked!

    ReplyDelete