What I believed was a miracle turned out not to be one. (See Blog of Feb 1, 2016, Did a Miracle Occur This Morning?) I hoped it was a spiritual happening but for the past two weeks I cannot get on to my computer from nine in the morning until nine at night. I can work on my photo gallery, play games or open my office suite but that is all. Facebook, Internet and my blog can only be opened after nine in the morning and until nine in the evening. All night long I can not get in. It's a weird problem and I have no idea how it happened. What has worked for me sometimes when my computer acts up, is to completely turn off my computer. When I start it up again certain problems will be corrected. This time it has not worked. I am lucky to have my computer working during the day so it is not a total loss!
I googled many questions to see if some one might give me a hint or have an answer, but nothing seemed to work. There were some responses but after reading all the different answers nothing helped. Even though I am frustrated, today I gave it one more try. Today I happened to ask the right question: Why is my computer off between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.? One answer informed me to get into Firefox's Safe Mode. I asked "What is Firefox's Safe Mode? Instructions came up to, 1) start the computer, 2) highlight "all programs", 3) click on Manage Firefox, 4) hit key for Mozilla Firefox Safe Mode, and a box pops up telling me that it is clearing out "old Firefox Data." After following the instructions on the screen, I will now wait to see if my computer shuts down at nine tonight. If it does, I have not fixed the problem. If it continues to work into the night, then I am very happy and proud that I have fixed the program!
In the process I learned that Foxfire has been having problems with Yahoo. Maybe I got rid of Yahoo and that might have been causing the problem. Whatever the problem, I have come to realize that it was not a miracle and that saddened me, but miracle or not, my hope is that I have fixed the problem!
Next Day: It didn't work!
Sorry you are still having problems!
ReplyDelete