"Do you think she might want these four dresses?" my daughter asked.
"I am sure she would and I will take them back to Colorado and give them to her."
"The thing is that I would like to see someone get some use out of them. They were only worn once and are practically brand new. I could give them to Goodwill or a second hand store, but I would like to see some child actually use them."
"I am sure the nun will give them to whomever needs them."
"Good, I'll get them so you can pack them in your suitcase."
"I can see that the dress I bought in Puerto Vallarta was never worn because a tag is still on the dress."
"You're right, that dress was never worn."
"Did you know that a Mexican artist hand painted the bodice?"
"Yes, I read the tag. It is an attractive dress, but the girls have outgrown it!"
It was decided I would bring the dresses home and give them to the nun. Today I took them and left them with a lady from Mexico who told me she would give them to the nun or if she thought they would fit her relatives in Mexico, she might mail them to her family. I told her that as long as the dresses were used, both my daughter and I would be happy.
It makes me feel good knowing that some child, who otherwise may not have had a pretty dress, will flounce around in one of the dressy dresses.
The dress was loved by one small girl,
as she spun and gave one big twirl.
Another child will enjoy it too
this dress that is not quite new.
The party dress that has been found
is just as good the second time around!
E. Moscoso
February 23, 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment