Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Where the Gourd Ends and Art Begins

I love all of the gourds my daughter designs. I marvel at her talent and remember something she wrote in her blog about how she got started in working with gourds. In her blog, she wrote: I am a painter and currently using gourds as my canvas. Their odd and quirky organic shapes make me smile and their warmth and visual texture are reminiscent of wood grain. Once she told me that it is as if  the gourds talk to her and help her create the work she does. My blog of February 16, 2016 titled Before and After shows some of my daughter's work.


This blog will be of some of the gourds that impressed me by other artists. My all time favorite was a grey whale though there were others that came in at a close second!

 





From miniature, one inch gourds delicately carved to twenty-six inch figures, each gourd had its own design. The one thing that surprised me is that I did not see any duplicates; each artist creates from his or her own imagination!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea that the gourds talk to your daughter and tell her what to create!

    ReplyDelete