Friday, January 20, 2017

A Winter Walk

Daily walks take a rest when the weather is snowy and cold. Ice is my enemy and I find myself staying home for fear of slipping and falling. After our last snow storm and our Colorado sun had melted most of the snow, especially from sidewalks, I decided to go for a walk. The landscape is different when there is snow on the ground and ducks and geese huddle together. It almost looks as if they are stuck to the ice!
Walking at Majestic View Park there was still a lot of snow. The lake was completely covered in white, the grounds and hills had animal prints, yet the sidewalks were dry. I walked until I came upon an icy section and turned around and retraced my steps on the dry sidewalk. Somehow, the air even seems fresher on a cold day.

The following day I walked around Lake Arbor and the sun shining on the frozen lake gave it an eerie appearance. Like being on another planet. What seemed like hundreds of short blasts of honking geese flying above me ended up landing on the ice with outstretched wings. What a sight!



The one thing I know for sure is that no matter what time of the year I take a walk I will encounter God's beauty all around me. I also know I walk faster in the winter and possibly, just maybe, I burn more calories!

"Snowing is an attempt of God
to make the dirty world clean"
Mehmet Murat Ildan


No comments:

Post a Comment