Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Faux Wild Life

Looking at stuffed animals made me feel as if I was looking at wild animals at Majestic View Nature Center in Arvada, Colorado. I figured this would be as close as I would ever get to a Raccoon, a Great Horned Owl, a Bobcat, a Gray Wolf, a Lynx, a Red Hooded Duck whispering in a raccoon's ear, a Black Bear, a Pronghorn (resembles an antelope) and a Ring-Necked Pheasant. One of the volunteers told me that most of the animals are from Colorado and some were found at the park.








There was also a gem and mineral display, guarded by a security guard, which did not hold my interest. Lots of rocks and geodes which were pretty to look at but not my cup of tea!

As I walked I noticed the different formations in the sky. I remembered being a little girl, stretched out on the grass and looking at clouds. I would run indoors, yelling for my mother to come and see what I had seen but by the time she went outside, the formation was gone. Today the clouds were absolutely amazing.





And then I saw a real life wild animal and my day was complete!


"Wild animals are less wild
and more human than
many humans of the world."
Munia Khan

2 comments: