Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Spending Time at the Packing House

We drove to Anaheim to where there is a Dan Miller Golf Course where I was to purchase a gift certificate for my son-in-law. My daughter was not sure where the golf course was and said, "I know there is Tiger Woods school next to it." When we saw the Tiger Woods Learning Center we knew we had found the golf course. I was surprised that Tiger Woods was not only a great golfer, but that he also helped diverse group of students become better citizens. His facility teaches golf but also provides reading, math, science and technology classes for students to help them develop fully as they move on to careers or college. It made me sad that Tiger had not behaved as he wanted his students to behave. Which proves to me that we all have good and bad within us.

I purchased the gift certificate and we were on our way to revisit The Packing House which used to be a warehouse for oranges. I had already been at The Packing House once but now I would get to wander and see all the interesting shops and eating places. I ate at a place where all they have are grilled cheese sandwiches fixed in different ways. The sandwich had goat cheese, pesto and tomatoes on a tasty bread. My daughter had Lentil soup and my granddaughter ate at another place but I did not pay attention to what she was eating because I was chowing down on my own lunch! For dessert my granddaughter had a Happy Scoops, a gelato made into cute animals!






We heard Happy Birthday sung by a group of young people and it sounded great. Not the usual off-key singing. I asked one in the group if they were professional singers and she said, "Not really, two are in theater and three of us sing in a choir." I told her, "I could tell because you sounded wonderful as you harmonized in singing the Happy Birthday song!"

As we looked around, I saw many different types of souvenirs but they seemed quite pricey. I liked tables with glass tops and below the glass were many oranges. We had a fun afternoon looking, tasting and enjoying The Packing House.

"When everybody is
planting apples
a visionary
plants oranges."
Matshona Dhliwayo


No comments:

Post a Comment