Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Military Rosary


Today I saw a rosary made from parachute cord in camouflage color
. "What a neat idea." I said to the person who makes them. After seeing the clever rosary, I hope that service men get one of these appropriate rosaries! The rosary is made of cord so there is no way that it will break and my guess is that it will last forever. Almost every rosary I have ever had has broken and I have a drawer full of broken rosaries.

Some parishioners of Spirit of Christ Catholic Community meet every second Monday of the month from 1:30 to3:30 in the afternoon to make rosaries. They make rosaries with beautiful crystal looking beads. The cord rosaries I would imagine would be more durable.



"Give me an army saying the rosary,
and I will conquer the world."
Blessed Pope Pius IX


1 comment: