Thursday, February 2, 2017

Reminders

What does a car seat, a casino, a movie theater and the sidewalk outside of Walmart have in common? Those are the locations where I have found pennies and my belief that my son has put them where I will find them. Even though my son is in my thoughts a lot, sometimes a penny will make a memory more vivid. Once I found a dime and thought: This must mean that all my friends and relatives are reminding me to pray for them!

Since I am not looking for coins on the ground when I spot one, it is a surprise. I blogged about the first penny I found on my car seat after my son passed away. (Never Has a Penny Meant So Much, November 9, 2016).  Another coin was on the floor of the bathroom at the Mardi Gras Casino and yesterday after the movie Fences was over, something caught my eye and sure enough there was a shiny penny on the floor.

A story I read somewhere is that a penny should be picked up because it is God letting us know that he is around and that we should do as is stamped on the coin; In God We Trust.  I look forward to finding those reminders because it gives me a feeling that my son is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment