Am I being a prude
when I think a show is rude?
Watching the Grammys last night,
some of the acts were all right
yet
music sounded like noise,
no one seemed to have any poise
hair looked tangled
jewelry dangled
marching or prancing
they called it dancing
loud shouting
yet my mind was doubting
what did I see?
Is it just me?
Shimmering outfits,
sparkles galore
rears hanging out
boobs popping
vital areas barely covered
tattoos in odd places
rings in nose or ears
everyone trying to out do their peers
lights blasting
many looked deranged
how things have changed
made me wonder
could some really like this?
For parents this would be a shock
I couldn't even watch Elvis rock!
I must admit
some acts I liked,
yet others I thought were bad
quite sad.
Two took off their pants
to give their thanks.
The saving grace
is with my finger
I can push a button
to take me to another place,
that will surely amaze!
Singers dressed in suits and dresses
lyrics are words that my heart caresses
foul language not needed
censorship heeded
no need to be half naked
no need to twerk and shake it
no need to scream out loud
to please a younger crowd.
Maybe it is my age
but I like the past better than this latest rage!
Makes me wish I had watched the whole thing!!!
ReplyDeleteI turned them off right away, for all reasons you mentioned. I turned on THE WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB show from Madison Sq. Garden. I liked it. I guess we're old or getting there fast. J
ReplyDelete