I am not an expert on fried chicken but I do know my favorite place to eat fried chicken is at the White Fence Farm Restaurant in Lakewood. I have eaten there numerous times and each time it is perfect to my taste. When The Coop, part of the White Fence Farm, opened in Arvada I took my granddaughter to try it. It was pretty much the same as the one down south, but not exactly the same. Of course, I believe the atmosphere has a lot to do on how one enjoys a meal.
One day I ate at another White Fence chicken place on 88th right off of Wadsworth. Other's had eaten at this restaurant and reports I received from various people was that it was not "so great." I don't know what I expected but the chicken served in green and white boxes, like take out, I enjoyed and was pretty sure it was very much like the one on Jewell. I was told that the chicken recipe is exactly the same so there should not be any differences between the three places.
These three places may call themselves White Fence Farm but somehow, when prepared it comes out looking and tasting different. My feeling is that the Arvada restaurant will not be around for long. Today the only customers were me and another couple. It's a shame that if I want good fried chicken I am going to have to drive south to be satisfied. The chicken may be prepared the same, using the same recipe, yet there is a difference. Must be how I can never get my Mother's recipes to taste the same even though I prepare them the same!
"Our dilemma is that we hate change
and love it at the same time;
what we really want is for things
to remain the same but get better!"
Sydney J. Harris
No comments:
Post a Comment