Tuesday, September 5, 2017

How Can It Be

In my blog, I like to see what countries are reading what I write. Sometimes I wonder if my blog is actually being read or do people click on it by mistake. Lately, it seems that there are more clickers/readers in Russia than in the United States.
This week the countries that come up as seeing my blog are Russia 260, United States 57, Poland 5, Spain 3, United Kingdom 2, Portugal 1, Brazil 1, Ecuador 1, Ireland 1, and South Korea 1. In a way it is flattering that people read my blog but a part if me wonders, why? I understand why my friends/followers read me, but I do not know anyone in Russia!

I began my blog so that my grandchildren would get to know me better. I know that as I worked on genealogy, I wished my grandparents had blogged so I would have known them, their thoughts, their ideas and who they were as they grew up. I am not sure that my grandchildren read my blog, though sometimes they do make a comment about something I have written and that makes me feel good about blogging. I enjoy writing and will continue my vignettes for whomever wants to read them.  Who knows, some day my grandchildren may appreciate my stories!

As of today, I have 42,258 page views and I hope those reading my stories enjoy them as much as I enjoy writing them!

"Only on the
Internet can a
person be lonely
and popular at
the same  time."
Allison Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment