I brought one home and sure enough it has a cucumber taste but not as strong; much milder than a regular cucumber. I thought it might taste a bit lemony, but it did not.
Looking on the Internet I found various recipes on how to prepare the lemon cucumber. Many of the recipes were for Lemon Cucumber water, a cool and refreshing drink. The small cucumber can be sliced, pickled and does not have a bitter taste as some skins on cucumbers do. Strange that they have been in the United States since the 1900's and today is the first time for me to learn about them!
"My size can fool you,
my color too.
Yet, this is how I grew
with a yellowish hue.
I'm a tiny cucumber so good,
to get you in a better mood
because I am a tasty food,
and good for you too!"
E. Moscoso
No comments:
Post a Comment