
This year I missed the Palisade peaches because I never drove to Heine's Market when the peaches were in their glory. Today I drove to the market and wondered if all the roasted green ch

ile had been sold. Either too early or too late seems to be my pattern. When I saw the bins outside I figured I would be lucky if I found any green chile because there were plenty of pumpkins and odd shaped squash on display. Red ristras (hanging red, dry chile) seemed to be the only chile outside. As the door slid open I got a whiff of the roasted green chile. The smell made my mouth water and sure enough, there were plenty of bags from mild to medium, to hot, to extra hot and dynamite hot ready to be purchased.
Corn and tomatoes were piled high, I bought some peaches but I do not believe they were Colorado peaches, and I saw some pears, apples and plums. For once, I was not too late for the green chile and I bought three bags. I hurried home to make one of my favorite meals; tortilla, melted cheese and green chile. I love the combination and did not bother to count the carbohydrates as I ate two of the delicious roll-ups!
"Life is like jalapenos,
what you do today
may burn
your ass tomorrow!"
Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment