The first thing of interest was a little jointed-stick man with a Christmas tag on it. I had made it for my husband and must have tossed it in that top shelf after we went our separate ways. I am sure he never missed it, yet, I found it to be a clever soccer player. I remember finding the little man basketball player and taking the ball from his hand and putting it on his foot. After all, my husband at that time was a soccer player!
On another shelf I found a Little Kiddles Frame-Tray Puzzle that must have belonged to my children. The date on the puzzle is 1966 made by Mattel, Inc. (Little Kiddles is the registered trademark of Mattel.) That is what is printed in the corner of the puzzle. On another corner I read, Develops Coordination and Motor Skills. I do not remember the puzzle at all or even recall my children playing with it.
A white milk glass chicken candy dish that belonged to my Mother was also tucked away and once I washed it I liked it. It brought memories of seeing the chicken in my Mother's home and it usually had orange slices that she bought at Woolworth's in it. I looked on the Internet and saw identical ones ranging from $3.49 to $43.99. Yet, I would never sell my chicken because now that I have found it I will display it and remember my Mom!
The items were grimy and dusty so I know they had been on that top shelf for many years, maybe since around 1966 (date of puzzle) which would have made my children around three and one year old. Makes me wonder what other things are "hidden" in my house waiting to be discovered!
I remember my Mom having one of this chickens as well!
ReplyDelete