That made me curious and when I saw the name come up on Netflix, I clicked on it. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are the main characters; Jane being a sophisticated woman and Lily is more of a hippie type. I watched four consecutive episodes and wanted to continue watching more but it was past my bedtime. From when I began watching the hilarious story about seventy year old women who are divorced by their husbands because the husbands have become lovers, I cannot get enough of the series.
The series has been on for awhile because season five is coming up. After all the episodes I have seen I am on season four so I still have many more to go! The series began in 2015 and it makes me wonder where I have been that I had never heard about these two crazy women until last month? Each episode has cameo appearance by different actors and the show is produced by the Executive Producer that also did Friends. Friends was also a show I enjoyed!
It surprises me that words like homosexuals, fuck, religion, dildo, love, affairs, masturbation, vibrators, plus other choice words are tossed around and somehow I do not find them offensive because they are used in humorous ways. In the fifteen or more episodes there has been only one that bothered me and that one was on assisted suicide and I think it could have been left out.
The two women have to deal with trying to deal with their divorces from their homosexual husbands, their grown children, child-birth, knee replacements, funerals, finding romance, alcoholism, starting a business of vibrators for older women, strokes, Alzheimer's, drugs, AA, friendships and learning to live with each other because they are exact opposites! The series covers many subjects that older women have to go through as they age. Maybe that is why I enjoy the story because I can identify with some of the things the two women face in their lives.
I will not say anymore about Grace and Frankie. It is a series that I am sure if watched, it can become an addiction. I know I am certainly addicted to the show!
From the Internet
"I am not dating anymore.
I am eighty and it is only
over when you decide it is
going to be over."
Jane Fonda
No comments:
Post a Comment