Sitting at mass
I watch people pass
and many times spot
something I don't like
that they've got.
I ask myself,
why am I so critical?
Who am I to say
what is wrong or what is right?
Even when I don't want to be
there is something making me disagree.
Ideas rush into my head
feeding my brain
with thoughts I wish to shed.
Even when I try
to erase those nasty thoughts
they penetrate by mind
and those thoughts make me feel bad,
or sad, as they go through my head.
Are my eyes causing me pain
seeing others with such disdain?
A thought enters my mind,
Did God put it there
because he does care?
He said to me,
"Blinders would do the trick
to make you look straight ahead
where your eyes should be
adoring me
and not looking around
with your sinning eyes.
Blinders would end those thoughts
that are all your fault
to a speedy halt!"
I watch people pass
and many times spot
something I don't like
that they've got.
I ask myself,
why am I so critical?
Who am I to say
what is wrong or what is right?
Even when I don't want to be
there is something making me disagree.
Ideas rush into my head
feeding my brain
with thoughts I wish to shed.
Even when I try
to erase those nasty thoughts
they penetrate by mind
and those thoughts make me feel bad,
or sad, as they go through my head.
Are my eyes causing me pain
seeing others with such disdain?
A thought enters my mind,
Did God put it there
because he does care?
He said to me,
"Blinders would do the trick
to make you look straight ahead
where your eyes should be
adoring me
and not looking around
with your sinning eyes.
Blinders would end those thoughts
that are all your fault
to a speedy halt!"
E. Moscoso
January 14, 2019
January 14, 2019

No comments:
Post a Comment