Sunday, January 6, 2019

Does Anybody Keep Gifts Received

Yesterday, after packing a return to Amazon, I went to the UPS store. It was like being at the post office with about eight persons in line returning items to Amazon. That blue tape and arrow on the packages let me know that the boxes were going back to Amazon. When I got to the clerk, I asked, "Does anybody keep their gifts?" She smiled and said, "Not this time of the year."

My thoughts were about the many hours spent looking for the right item for a special person, the joy of seeing the happy faces on Christmas and then, how sad, to see so many of those gifts being returned and shipped back to Amazon. One fellow had six items that he was returning.

Amazon makes it easy to return items but it makes me wonder how they can make any money. There is no postage charged and I can understand why the post office is losing money.  All the free packages going to Amazon would have cost money if the post office mailed the returns.


"If you think about it,  
UPS and FED EX are doing
just fine, right? No they are.
It's the Post Office that's 
always having problems."
Barack Obama





No comments:

Post a Comment