Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fun at Red Rocks, Buffalo Bill's Grave and Heritage Square

July 1, 2013

Morning came way too fast and after breakfast, we prepared to play like tourists.  Our first stop was Red Rocks Amphitheater near Morrison, Colorado.  Since Brenna is familiar with the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles with over 17,000 seats her impression of Red Rocks with over 9000 seat was, "Gee, it's small."



We drove to Look Out Mountain to Buffalo Bill's grave.  She enjoyed going through the shop that was loaded with artifacts, souvenirs, t-shirts, a stuffed buffalo, photos, books, jewelry and caps.  We found a butterfly with a blue stone and the name Ariana written on it.  We tried sending a picture to Ariana but there was no wireless service.






 Since I had never been to the Boettcher Mansion and on seeing the sign, Brenna said, "I've never been in a
mansion before, can we go see it?" I drove up the curvy road only to find a sign letting us know the mansion was closed to the public because of a private party. I found out that Charles Boettcher was a wealthy business man and had the mountain resort built in 1917 as his summer home.


Heritage Square was our next stop and Brenna could not believe that at one time the park was going to be the Disneyland of the West! The parking lot had many cars but once we were in the park it seemed   
deserted with two or three persons wandering through the empty streets. The carnival rides did seem to have a lot of children and parents.  We did not stay long and decided to go see the Superman movie called Man of Steel.
                                                                                                 
I hope that Brenna is enjoying our little trips because having her with me lets me enjoy showing her some of our tourist spots!

No comments:

Post a Comment