Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Something I Will Never Know

Should I be kicking myself or not, that is what runs through my mind.  I received a large advertisement from Cherry Creek Dodge asking me to pull a tab out of a tiny box on the ad.  The number revealed was 68371   
and then I was to scratch off a number right above the small box.  I did and the numbers were identical which meant, by my understanding, I had won two 2013 Dodge trucks, a big screen television set, $5,000, an ipad or other smaller prizes.  All I had to do was drive across town and present my winning numbers.

Was this a scam?  Was this just to get people down to the dealership? I read through the whole ad twice and could find nothing in the small print disputing what showed me as a winner.  Yet, my belief  "if it's too good to be true, it's not," kept me from responding to the ad.  A friend later told me, "You should have gone down....maybe you were one of the 50 zillion persons that could have won.  After all, you did win a Jeep!"

The expiration date is long passed but I am left with that gnawing feeling that maybe it was legit and I passed up an opportunity to win a big prize. What I do know for sure is that I will never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment