"I'm getting so old, I don't
even buy green bananas
anymore."
Chi Chi Rodriguez
"Never put bananas in the refrigerator because they will turn black." I had always heard this so I never put bananas in the refrigerator. Bananas are one of my favorite foods and from what I hear, a great source of potassium. Many times I have thrown away 2 or 3 bananas because the skin had turned black. One day, I happened to read that when bananas are turning black to put them in an air tight baggie and freeze them. When ready to use the banana, it would be good to eat. This went against everything I had heard in the past but I decided to try it. I had my doubts that the process would work but since I am a curious being, I took a couple of black, spotty bananas and froze them.

Was I surprised with the results! A banana that I would have used for banana bread or tossed, I could now eat as a regular banana! Amazing that the older I get the more I learn.
Man is like a banana:
When he leaves the bunch,
he gets skinned. Proverb
No comments:
Post a Comment