Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Fun Store

On Valentine's Day, February 14, 2014, a Trader Joe's opened in Boulder and two other places in Denver. I visited the Boulder store and it was crowded with lots of young people.  It was difficult to wander and browse because of the large crowd so I picked up some of my favorite items and got in line.  There are nine check out counters and each had a brass bell near the cash register. Each counter had about eight or more persons in line.  Every once in a while I would hear the loud bell ring. When I reached the clerk who checked me out, I asked why the bell. He smiled and said, "We ring the bell when we need help." I said, "Oh, good, I wasn't sure if it was because you got a tip!"


In the past, when I visit my family (California or Boston)  I would buy things at Trader Joe's and mail the goodies home to myself. It was the only way I could get the peanut butter and cereal I like. Today I was happy to shop and to be able to bring everything home in the trunk of my car! Even though the trip is beautiful with the snow covered mountains as a backdrop, I do not think I will go very often to a store that is over forty miles away!

Saw this quote and I had to add mine!

"You've got bad eating habits if
you use a grocery cart at 7-Eleven."
Dennis Miller

"Does it mean you have good 
eating habits if you shop at 
Trader Joe's?"
E. Moscoso


No comments:

Post a Comment