Frozen, a movie I thought was for kids, turned out to be a beautiful love story for any age.
12 Years a Slave, a different kind of slave story and even though I know the atrocities of slavery, it still upsets me to know how slaves were treated. Frustrating that some folk thought it was their right to own human property.
Philomena, searching for a long lost son with a certain amount of sadness, humor, and love. This is a true story that shows nuns in a different light. I thought it was interesting how following God's rules conflicted with compassion!
Monument's Men, an interesting part of the Hitler era that I knew nothing about. Sad to see art work go up in flames!
August, Osage County, a very dysfunctional family and as only Meryl Streep can play a part, I can understand why she is up for an academy. I do not understand why Julia Roberts is also.
Nebraska, a slow-paced depressing movie that holds one's interest. Interesting to see interactions between family members and Bruce Dern should get an award. He had me convinced he was at the beginning of Alzheimer's and that he had won a fortune. I loved the way the son took care of his Dad. If I lived in Nebraska, I think I would be upset at how I was portrayed, but maybe that is how people are in that state!
American Hustle, a movie about scams and what can happen when a small scammer gets into business with bigger scammers.
Gravity, a two character movie in 3D that gave me a feeling of how it might be out in space.
Capt. Phillips, Dallas Buyers Club, Her and the Wolf of Wall Street are still on my list so I can see I still have a busy few weeks ahead of me.
"The length of a film should be
directly related
to the endurance
of the human bladder."
Alfred Hitchcock
No comments:
Post a Comment