Friday, February 28, 2014

Squeezing of the Sponge

With every squeeze
out pours memories
to fill page after page
of what is happening
in my life, what has
happened and dreams
of what may be in the future.

I picked the title for my blog
of Sponge Full of Thoughts
because I pictured my
brain as a sponge and
if I were able to squeeze
my brain, out would flow
different thoughts.

Sometimes, the sponge
begins to dry and it
will only take one word,
one picture, one thought
or one dream to get
the sponge full of water
so that I can squeeze
my ideas out of it.

Daily I extract pieces of
my life from the sponge
and cover page after
page to remind me of
what has been,
to see what is current
or to imagine how
I wish it might have been.

Someday, the sponge
will wither and dry
and no matter how much
I squeeze, nothing will
come out. Yet, I will have
stored many thoughts, ideas
and memories in my special
blog book called
Sponge Full of Thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment