Monday, February 3, 2014

Younger is Better

It must be a generation gap! During half-time at the Super Bowl I saw musicians moving their pelvic area just as if they were having sex. My bet is that those musicians can tap the top of their head while making a circle with the other hand on their stomach.  Not only did they not miss a beat while they danced with their instruments, but I thought they looked gross.   To me, acrobatics, jumping up and down, gyrations across the stage and yelling, especially when the shirtless Red Hot Chili Peppers took the stage, sounded more like noise than music. I wonder if my mother felt the same way with Elvis Presley. She did not allow me to watch the Ed Sullivan Show when Elvis Presley was featured because she thought his moves were nasty. Bruno Mars, on the other hand, reminded me of someone from the 50's and I enjoyed some of his singing.

I worked a jig-saw puzzle in the kitchen and listened to the television in the living room. Every time I went into the living room to see what was happening, the Seahawks had scored again. Announcers said, "Seattle is all smiles" when the score was 29-0. When Seattle scored again, I heard, "That took all the air out of the stadium for the Denver Broncos." At one point when Seattle took the ball all the way to score a touchdown, it reminded me of a dance. A Bronco would grab the Seahawk with the ball and the Seahawk player would spin out of his reach and then another Bronco would get his hands on the Seahawk player and again the Seahawk rolled out of reach until he crossed the end zone to score another touchdown.

Seeing the big "0" must have brought a lot of sadness to the team and to the fans. I know that if I had been coaching, I'd tell my team to ease up and let the Broncos score.  That way, losing would be a bit more tolerable because the Broncos would not be completely shut out. Right after I had the generous thought, the Bronco player, #88, scored by catching the football in the end zone and putting the Broncos on the scoreboard.

When Richard Sherman was taken out of the game for hurting his ankle, I sympathized with him. I know what it is to break bones in an ankle and I hoped that he would be okay. The final score of 43-8 found Bronco #97 sitting on the sideline looking sad and dejected. I realized that the whole team was probably feeling the same way, especially the quarterback. When an announcer asked, "How do you think Peyton Manning is feeling right now?" The answer that came back was, "Hurting."


The game was painful to watch and I kept hoping the game would hurry up and end.  Even though I am not a 100% fan like so many, I would have liked to see the Broncos win or at least that the score could have been closer.
                                                    
When I began this blog, it was about a generation gap.  I still believe there was a generation gap between the quarterbacks. Twenty-five versus thirty-seven  is quite a span  in football. By my life experience, I have found out that younger is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment